We accept admissions throughout the year and applications can be made at any time for all of our programmes. Call Gilly Godwin on 01565 640162 or use our email contact form to have an initial discussion, or to arrange to visit us and have a look around our site.
How to Apply
Either parents or the local authority should contact the School directly (see above for contact details).
- If you are a parent, we will discuss the needs of your son or daughter in more detail. We will also address any concerns and worries that you may have. If we feel that we might be able to help, we will invite you to visit us so that we can offer you a tour of our facilities and (if appropriate) our residential accommodation. If you wish to take things further, you will need to contact your local authority (we can help to put you in touch with the right person), so that they can make a referral, following which, we will send you an application form.
- Once we have received the completed application form, members of our multi-disciplinary admissions team will meet to discuss the application. Members of our team may visit your son or daughter’s existing school, respite or family home to gain a better understanding of your son or daughter’s needs.
- It is important both to you and us that we are confident that we can offer an appropriate environment and learning package. Provided that this is the case, we will make an offer and discuss a proposed start date with you.
- All new pupils will visit the School to meet with members of our specialist teams to ensure that we are fully prepared for that pupil’s arrival.
- We recognise how unsettling change can be, so if it is considered beneficial, we will develop a plan for the transition between your son or daughter’s current environment and their new life as a David Lewis School pupil.