Location: Cheshire, SK9 7UD
37.5 hours per week (full-time)
Salary: £34,000 – £38,000 per annum (dependent on qualifications, skills and experience)
This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide person centered specialist occupational therapy services to children and adults in the David Lewis School, College and residential services.
Supporting the Head of Clinical Services you will help shape the future of the development of Occupational Therapy services to meet the needs of the people we support. You will carry out the assessment and treatment of a specialist caseload ranging from paediatrics to adults with complex learning disorders (including neurological impairments, severe learning difficulties and autism).
The successful candidate will:-
- Hold a recognised Occupational Therapy Degree Qualification (or equivalent) and Health Professions Council (HCPC) Registration.
- Ideally be a Registered member of the British Association of Occupational Therapists (BAOT) and College of Occupational Therapists (COT) and Registered member of the RCOT Specialist Section – People with Learning Disabilities.
- Demonstrate experiential training to demonstrate highly specialist skills.
- Demonstrate a successful track record for enhancing and improving outcomes for people with complex disabilities as a part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Ideally hold a qualification in Sensory Integration
David Lewis provides outstanding education, residential, medical and therapeutic support for people with learning disabilities, epilepsy and autism for children and adults from age 11 years and over. We employ 800 staff with a turnover of £30 million per annum. We support people with complex learning and physical disabilities with their daily living, access to social and leisure opportunities and education.
As well as the opportunity to work form a picturesque site in a rural setting other benefits include:-
- 25 days annual leave (rising to 30 with service) plus public holidays
- An occupational pension (up to 6% employer contribution)
- Up to 12 weeks full sick pay
- Life Assurance Cover (3 x basic annual salary)
- Xmas Pay Award
- Further Education Sponsorship
- Career Progression
- A comprehensive health and wellbeing provision including:-
- an Employee Assistance Programme
- Occupational Health services
- A Physio service for staff
- A Staff Counsellor
- On site pharmacy
- On site gym and swimming pool
- Free parking
- Employee Referral and Reward Scheme
Informal Enquiries may be made to Claire Munro, Head of Clinical Services on 01565 640000
Closing date: Friday 29th July 2022.
David Lewis welcomes applications from a diverse talent pool.
To request any reasonable adjustments to support you with the application or shortlisting process please contact 01565 640142.
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Checks: This post, due to its nature, duties and responsibilities, will be subject to an enhanced check by the DBS.