David Lewis School is a small but growing Non-Maintained Special School for children and young people between the ages of 11 and 19. As a specialist education provider we enhance the skills and life options of children and young people with learning difficulties including autism, epilepsy, and other neurological disabilities. We recognise that successful learning is achieved through positive experiences and we strive to create a school day that is motivating, rewarding and purposeful.
We are looking for an inspirational SEN Teacher who is committed to developing the skills, confidence, ambition and independence of children and young people on their journey into adulthood.
The successful candidate will be:-
- An outstanding teacher with QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
- Experienced in and passionate about teaching children and young with special educational needs
- Able to use your knowledge and skills to provide the best possible education for learners
- Creative, resilient with a positive attitude
- Committed to working collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Confident in dealing with children and young people who may display challenging behaviours
In addition to a range of employee benefits the role offers:
- The opportunity to work in a highly specialist, supportive environment
- An individualised curriculum based on the National Curriculum, developed specifically to meet the varied needs of the David Lewis learners
- Wonderful learners with a highly positive and ambitious attitude to learning and to life
- A commitment to individualised, specialised and collective continued professional
NOTE, This vacancy is open to applications from NQT’s (newly qualified teachers).
Informal Enquiries may be made to: Angie Fisher, Director of Education on 01565 640000 ext. 2495
Closing date: Friday 6th May 2022
Note, we will interview on application based on an operational need to fill the post.
David Lewis is an equal opportunities employer