Will provide individuals the opportunity to develop practical, vocational, work skills whilst undertaking a wide range of work based activities caring for the livestock, poultry and small animals within Top Farm, in addition individuals will work on the allotment by creating and maintaining a Moon Gardening and No Dig approach that will enable Top Farm to be as self-sufficient as possible, but also allows us to reconnect with nature and reap the benefits of the holistic garden.
The service will facilitate creative and innovative work based opportunities for individuals in the following areas.
- Cleaning and Maintaining animal accommodation and enclosures (indoors and outdoors)
- Animal Feeding and Watering
- Animal handling and exercising of animals Animal health and wellbeing
- Donkey and Pony Care
- Stable cleaning and management
- Reptile care and handling
- Aquatic care
- Working on the allotment (Moon Gardening)
- Growing without digging
- Building a compost heap and composting
- Building and maintaining raised growing beds