Across our Warford site, we have a range of excellent, modern facilities for sport, recreation, leisure and learning:
- Swimming pool and sensory spa – Our indoor pool is open seven days per week and is used for lessons, therapy programmes and recreational swimming. In common with all of our facilities, the pool is fully accessible. The pool is complimented by a sensory spa to promote wellbeing and stimulate the senses.
- JD’s – Outstanding modern facilities are accessed by increasing numbers of people from Cheshire and South Manchester who attend daily to join our residents and take part in a wide range of popular vocational and leisure activities.
- Sports hall and gym – The gym has specialist equipment, designed for people with disabilities. The equipment uses air pressure rather than weights to provide resistance, ensuring that the environment is safe.
- Multi-use games area (‘MUGA’) – The MUGA all-weather pitch provides an outdoor environment in which to play a number of games.
- Bowling green – The bowling green is used extensively, particularly by our adult residents, whether competing in a bowling league or simply playing for fun.
- Adapted bicycles – The circuit around our grounds provides a safe environment that can be explored on one of our adapted bicycles.
- Sensory gardens and sensory rooms – Across our Warford site, there is a range of sensory gardens, offering the opportunity for relaxation and fresh air. We also have a number of sensory rooms.
- Animal centre – Pay a visit to the donkeys, pigs, ducks, chickens, hamsters, rabbits and guinea pigs that are part of our landbased service.
- Media and IT suite – Featuring a radio station and a range of computers, the media suite is particularly popular with our college students.
- Rainbow café – The café is run by our college students and adult users of our services and offers a range of lunch options for staff and residents.
- Juice bar – With a modern interior, the juice bar offers breakfast, coffee and lunch options and is run by our college students.